'Enfys' had been fitted with the ubiquitous 'Off-1-2-Both' switch to connect her two batteries to the entire electrical system, including engine and all boat services. After a small scare when we found we were running both engine start and boat batteries down together I decided to upgrade to a split system. Also the wiring to the VHF radio, 12V socket and instruments is in a bit of a state, as can be seen:
I installed a BEP 'cluster' switch with a 'Voltage Sensitive Relay' (VSR) to switch the batteries and re-cabled them:
On the other side of the boat there was the original power distribution for the boat with 2-pole isolator (in series with the other switch) and a redundant regulator from her original Yanmar engine. I stripped all this out when re-cabling the main battery leads:
Here is a battery monitoring unit that I obtained to install in the boat's switch panel:
The switch panel for boat lighting etc. now fitted with new switches. The original ammeter is open circuit and had a large external shunt that I removed to install the battery monitor.
Switch panel front view before ammeter was removed:
Finally.. I invested in a fitted overall laying-up cover for 'Enfys'. It arrived at the end of the winter and will soon be off....